Money can't buy us experiences


Last weekend was my “training” weekend.
 I was working at IT fair, Comex @ Suntec Convention Hall with GAMEPRO.
 & as you can see the picture above, Yes i'm promoting Razer, mainly the accessories like mouse, keyboards, mouse pad, etc. It was my 2nd IT show working with them. 
It was AWESOME!

& why do I so willing to work even though it is so tiring?

It is because that this is the job where I can truly learn and benefit from.
Unlike some jobs I have used to work at, it’s really working just for the sake of money. 
So what if the pay is high and yet you gain NOTHING from it?

For example, working as a PACKER. 
I seriously think that packer is the easiest job whereby you could daydreaming and still working efficiently. It is so slack that you are just waiting for the time to fly past.
Yes Money is part of the reason why are we working. 
But something that money can’t buy us is experience. 
What we should be focusing on are the things we really like. 
And try to gain as much experience as possible from part time job (for students like me) so that it will benefits us in our future job. 

& as for this IT SHOW, I’ve learnt that having an event is not just working on the operating hour 12pm-9pm, instead 10.45am – 11pm or even longer.
 Before the show, we have to set up and count stocks, make sure everything are ready. 
During the event, we are pushed to sell more, basically because ‘the more you sell, the more you earn’, as for a poor kid like me I am motivated to sell more. Hahaa.  
So I will have to step out of my comfort zone and talk to every customer who walks in.
I remember I was told by my brother that when you’re working, you will get tired no matter if you work hard or not. So why should we not work hard? 

& what I believe is that ‘you’re not going to have an easy life, if you’re going to have an easy way out.’


& during the whole show, I’m glad to have many awesome people around me. 
Without them, I guess I barely survive the whole event.
After the whole event, we still have to keep everything. 
& I meant literally EVERYTHING. 
Everyone was really tired by then, some of us may start to have some temper and rushing off. However, All in all, starting up an event is not as easy as it seemed.

But yeah, thing that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BlogShop

 photo 128ae878-52f7-4a4e-9c2e-e78a142d23fe_zpsebf6ffe6.png

CONTACT

Email: th-onlymekq@hotmail.com

Blogshop's email: thebarcodespree@hotmail.com

Blogshop's ASK FM: ask.fm/thebarcodespree

About

Hi there! I am KaiQi.

18, Aquarius.

Traveller Freak(Adventurer)

Studying In Singapore Polytechnic.

Year One,Diploma In Business Administration

For advertisement / sponsorship / collaboration

Email me @ th-onlymekq@hotmail.com